East Tennessee Chapter
Core Preparedness is a mutual aid support network represented by a collection of like-minded individuals,
which focuses on sustainable living, personal security, and assistance and support during the rebuilding processes, which
may follow a natural or manmade disaster. The group and its members believe in, and support, the US Constitution, freedom
of speech, and the separation of church and state. The group follows a secular based moral and ethical code, which holds
religious beliefs and political views as a personal choice, with neither directly influencing the group's policies or
Moral and Ethical Code
Common Group Values
The U.S. Constitution is and always will be a valid document, and is a guiding document. Religion is kept as a private concern of the individual. Racism is prohibited. No stealing, cheating, lying, or putting the group or another member in physical danger. No anti-government or militia activities, views, or sentiment will be held by the group or any group member.
- Honest, open, and trustworthy in all their relationships.
- Reliable and consistent in the conduct of assignments and responsibilities, always doing what is right rather than expedient.
- Objective, constructive, and responsive in all work and duties performed.
- Truthful, complete, and accurate in what they say, do, and write.
- Accountable for what they do and choose not to do.
- Respectful of the work of others, giving due credit, and refraining from criticism of them unless warranted.
- Free from affiliation with others or with activities that would compromise them, other members, or the group.
- Respectful of guidelines and/or recommendations issued by the group leadership committee and/or team committee.